the Chronicles of Tun Teja:p
My sample essay on - The Absence

Wednesday 22 May 2013 @ 10:04 | 0 Comment [s]


THE ABSENCE

“She’s dead. Your sister is dead”.
Stunned. I couldn’t move my body. My heart beat slows down. The world felt sunken to the fact that my sister is dead. I wanted to cry out loud but my promise to her silenced me. I won't cry. Despite my sadness, I felt relieved her agony is finally over.

Looking back, it has been 2 years since Ally left us. I can still feel her touch wiping my tears. I can still hear her voice telling me those last words that cherished me the most. She was only nineteen when the weird disease killed her. The disease had slowly taken away her ability to live a normal life since 5 years back. In her early age, she was a very active and cheerful kid. She grew up as a beautiful teenage girl that was adorable to everyone. There was no sign telling that she is going to live her teenage life as a disable person.

            Ally was three years older than me. I looked her up as a big sister which sometime makes me felt being bullied by her. Due to these never ending disputes we were not so close. I must admit that I was the one who took the distance from her during our ‘ceasefire’. But Ally was not a person who holds any grudges.  She took our feud as nothing more than a storm in a cup.  She would take my hands and held them both on her cheeks, looked into my eyes and said how much she loved and cared for me. I would then cried and fell into her arms. Ally had a fine personality that portrays her kind heart which pleased everyone. In school, she was an excellent student both in academics and sports. She always gets more attention from our parents, teachers and friends.

Before the disease ‘chooses’ her, she lives a normal life. Enjoying her teenage life. She has a lot of good friends and admirer. Her life was full of happiness. Two months before her 15th birthday. her life started to change. She started to act weird. She always fell down and hardly positioned herself and objects around her. She even lost some weight. But they didn’t bother us much. On her birthday, she fell again on her way to school. She was taken to the hospital. My mother began to feel something was not right with Ally. Curious, she asked the doctor to do medical check up on Ally. After a few medical check up the result of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) answered the question. Ally was diagnosed with Spinocerebellar Degeneration Disease. The cerebellum in her brain shrunk and the nerve cells in it degenerated slowly. It was a major shock to our family and disaster to Ally.

            Knowing the fact, Ally locked herself up in the room crying the whole day imagining how her life would be. The progress of the disease was slow but it would get worst gradually. The disease was not curable. But, Ally was a very strong girl. After a while she began to regain her composure and live her life as usual. She was not giving up. She knew she must remain strong and determined to fight till her last breath. She had accepted the fact that one day she would fall into a deep sleep and never woke up again. I could see her pain was unbearable but she never let her tears falls in front of us. But I knew behind all that smiles, Ally life was full of fright and tears. She underwent intensive treatment programme at the hospital. Our family routine took a 360 turn. Mum was unable to cope up with the household chores anymore as she had to accompany Ally at the hospital. We all had to review our priorities and daily routines to address the new situation. Ally and I became close to each other. Day by day, her body slowly began to lose the strength to move around freely. I was devastated. I couldn’t stop crying each night thinking of Ally. I prayed to god to give a chance for her to recover and be with us.

Sometimes I feel like my body doesn't belong to me. What's happening to me?” Ally wrote in her dairy.

 She realised she had lost certain control on her body. Her handwriting had also deteriorated. Her daily activities had also changed. Ally couldn’t participate in the school activities anymore. She needed the help of her friends around her to proceed with her needs.
As time passed, Ally became paralyzed. She was unable to do her daily chores. She had to move on the wheelchair. But that wouldn’t stop her from attending class. However things had changed. Friends started to distance themselves. Probably she was now a burden to some of them. She was no longer an adorable girl. She lost much of her weight and beauty.

Three months later, Ally was warded for further treatment. I could sense that she was not well. Father notified the school that Ally was not able to attend class anymore. I stayed at hospital to accompany her. She still had the will to talk and joke with me. We laughed and giggled at the memories that we had gone through together. After a week she warded, she was getting weak. She was unable to talk very well. I cried out loud holding her hand. She smiled. She hardly whispered to my ears “Thank you for every moment we shared together. Promise me that you will never cry again?” Those are last words from her before she went unconscious and died after two months comma.
            Today, we gather with all family celebrating our parent’s anniversary with the absence of Ally. Ally was a very strong girl. Her absence changed our life. She has become an inspiration to us.

Labels:



Older Post | Newer Post
The Disclaimer

Big hello peeps! i'm Aunniey Noel, a 20 years young and live as Malay, Muslim and Malaysian..thx for dropping by..and..WELCOME TO MY BLOG!


Navigations!

Diary About Stuff Site



me & wuri shillang KIM HYUN JOONG:>
Let's Talk!

!


The Credits!

Template by : Farisyaa Awayy
Basecode by : Nurynn
Full Edited : tun teja